Wednesday, October 05, 2005

HOLES! So my kitchen was in desperate need of changes. It has this fake brick around the bottom half of the room. I am not sure why but there it was and it looked fake. Another problem with the kitchen was the frosted melon color on the walls. I am sure I have only seen that color in Don Pablos. Anyway after a year of complaining that the kitchen needed help and a year of being ignored I found the solution. Last Friday I raced home and started cleaning out all the stuff that was in the way. It was surprising the amount of stuff we had stacked in front of the wall to hide the brick. With this done and knowing I would be home alone for a few more hours I drove to the hardware store where I invested in a crowbar. Every woman should have one I have decided. Now with the anticipation building I went home and with a utility knife I scored the drywall just above the brick. Feeling it would be easiest to replace only the bottom half of the wall. Then with a crowbar in hand and a hammer in the other I started making holes and tearing down the offensive wall. The problem came about an hour and half later. As I stood in the kitchen with fake brick and drywall covering the floor and hammer and crowbar in my hands, Mr. Toad came in the door and stopped dead in his tracks. “What are you doing?” roared Mr. Toad. “Nothing” I replied in a very innocent voice. Apparently the evidence was stacked against me. I now have a very upset Mr. Toad and a messy kitchen. As punishment for starting this on my own he has refused to help. I have decided that is ok. I can do this on my own. It will look great when I am done. Now I have done one of two things in starting this. Either I will no longer be ignored and Mr. Toad will help me in my adventures in home remodeling or he will see how am I able to do this on my own and never help again. I fear that Mr. Toad will now just let me work on these things alone.

2 comments:

Julia Reffner said...

LOL!!! Did he not see this coming? This turn of events is SO YOU!! I'm not even having difficulty imagining it. And if I were him I'd watch you do them all on your own too so good luck with that. Anyways. Its good to see you are still posting. You had me wondering there for a minute.

Have you ever seen Fried Green Tomatoes? TOWANDA!! My wife shall never be aloud to have a crowbar. I can see her severly hurting herself by accident.

The Lumpy

Unknown said...

Perhaps when I bring the drum set for the beast I shall bring a crowbar for your wife.