Monday, October 17, 2005

Bad Movies and Revenge

A weekend alone! Sweet peace. Mr. Toad went to DC with the boys for a bachelor party. It was great. I was ready for him to come home by Sunday afternoon but it was nice to have a night free. Granted I just watched old movies and ate ice cream but no one was there to comment on my bad movie choices or tell me I should eat real food for dinner. Sometimes a person just needs movie and ice cream night.

Mr. Toad has come home with a problem. His nose is stuffy and he complains of feeling a little under the weather. I think he should just stop it! He did not ask me if it was ok for him to get sick. I bet he is just waiting to pass this illness on to me. I am not sure why he would do such a horrible thing to his lovely wife but I can see it in his eyes. He is plotting against me. This is probably the punishment he has been planning for ripping apart his kitchen. He hasn’t thought this through very well. Anyone who knows me realizes that this will be more punishment for him them me. He will have to put up with me being grumpy and whining.

The kitchen is coming along very well. I am ready for primer. Bring on the paint. Hopefully most of the paint makes it to the walls.

So it is quickly approaching that time of year again. That time when friends invite you to their parties on the condition that you dress up in some strange outfit. I have decided Halloween is a great day from a distance. I love seeing others dress up. I like laughing at them or being impressed with their ideas for costumes but as a lazy person I really dislike coming up with a costume myself. This year Mr. Toad and I have been invited to a party that costumes are a must. In fact the host of said party has stated anyone who does not have a costume will have one picked out to wear. The host loves Halloween and has many costumes. As a lazy person the idea of someone else picking out a costume for me sounds great until I remember some of the costumes I have seen Mr. and Mrs. Host wear in the past. I will chose my own. Any ideas out there?

6 comments:

Julia Reffner said...

I have a lot of suggestions but I dont think that any of them are appropriate.

The Lumpy

Unknown said...

I can only imagine. Lets see here. I could be a clown, football player, nun....

Glad to see you are back and feeling better.

Julia Reffner said...

You can not even pretend to be a nun and still keep a straight face. If you do decide to go that route though you should make Mr Toad dress as a pimp. Anyways did you choose what to go as yet?

The Lumpy

Unknown said...

Lumpy
I am going as a flapper. Not very exciting but it doesn't require alot of thought. Mr. Toad has not yet decided.

Window
It is true dressing up as a hayseed hick would not really be dressing up. Oh and you can always keep up with me by just reading. I'll never know.

Julia Reffner said...

lol. Hey Window ask Toad about hunting the mighty and ferociouse wood chucks with a hill billy named Dana. ;-)

The Lumpy

Unknown said...

Don't worry Lumpy. Window knows all about the Woodchuck Contest. Dana and I being a bit country never stopped you from being friends with us.