Monday, October 10, 2005

The next step...

Look I have discovered where the title was hiding. I know it wasn't very far away but I am still finding out how to use this. Anyway now I can name my little entries. So drywall is still going and going. We have finally finished putting up the drywall but the price was high. After the first piece Mr. Toad and I decided that we couldn’t work together. So I measured and cut the pieces while he read a book and then he screwed the piece into the wall while I did other chores. I think he liked screwing better then measuring anyway. When this project is done it could be years before we are brave enough to try a new project together.

Yesterday, Mr. and Mrs. Construction came to help. They are friends of ours who are continuously remodeling their home. When they finished their last house I think they got bored so they bought a new house that needed fixing. Anyway Mr. Toad and I have baseboard heating in the kitchen. Not really needed. I think that if the room gets really cold just turn on the oven and open the door. Should heat everything up quickly. So Mr. Toad and Mr. Construction spent time following wires and flipping switches, plugging things in and testing outlets. The more the men talked the about what may or may not happen when they cut the white wire made Mrs. Construction and I follow them around with cell phones in hand waiting to call 911. In the end the baseboard heaters were removed without calling 911.

Now it is time for taping. I have been doing a little reading on this. Doesn’t look so hard. I have tape that sticks to the wall all by itself so I just have to put a strip on straight and then cover with goop. Sounds easy but I can imagine it now. It isn’t straight enough, there is a bump, and it won’t actually stick. After many hours of covering myself with goop instead of the wall and yelling at tape that won’t listen I’ll go to bed. When I awake in the morning Mr. Toad has taped my mouth shut. Probably thinking this will make the house quieter for him to read and watch sports but I know how to bang a pots and pans together. That will teach him to tape my mouth shut.

No comments: