Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Moving on and hot pink

On a serious note have you ever looked in the past and dreamed about what life could have been like if only this decision or that choice was made? Sometimes I think back to college and wonder about people or wish for a moment. The problem is that we can’t change anything that has happened and everything happens for a reason. Sometimes we look back and only see the great times and we forget all about the bad or the reasons we made a choice. The truth is that we all grow up and change. Things will never be the same no matter how much we want it. You and I would not be the people we are today if any decision or event had gone differently in the past. So I have decided to accept the past and move on in the future. Who needs all that questioning of things that are already past. Can’t change them so why worry about them? I mean don’t we all know that we can never go home after we grow up?

Ok well that is all over. I feel much better. I just needed to get that out of my system.

So class started last night. Apparently there is work involved in this class. I was hoping that I could just skate through the last four classes. Why I thought that just because I was at my last couple of classes they would get easier. I guess I was just hoping. Anyway my class is on New Product Development. Perhaps I can develop a new product to help Mr. Lumpy. I will have to consider this option. Perhaps a new torture device. It should be a fun class.

Did I tell you about the wedding? No? Well this past weekend Mr. Toad and I traveled to DC for a wedding. It was really beautiful and all the friends came out of the woodwork. Our group comes from Texas, Conn., NJ, PA, Va and NC. One might think that this is a rare occasion but the crazy Halloween party coming up this weekend in PA will probably have most of the same people. Anyway friends of ours from NJ have a small monster that originally was suppose to be in the wedding as a flower. Why someone keeps a monster I am not sure but they have had theirs for a couple of years now. On top of having a monster it is a broken monster. The monster apparently tried jumping from some object and broke its leg. I know with a horse they have to put it down for a broken leg but in this case the Drs feel in necessary to place a hard hot pink cast on the leg. The monster was therefore not allowed to be a flower but was allowed to come to the wedding all dressed up in its flower costume. The cast is put on in such a way that the monster can not stand but it did not seem to notice or slow down in anyway. It was a bit funny and sad all at the same time to see the monster scooting around the floor. So after the wedding we all went back to the hotel and while wandering the halls I met a person. Now normally meeting a person in the hallway of a hotel is not strange but this person was dressed all in pink. Right down to the hot pink fishnet stockings. Maybe hot pink was the color for the weekend. No one told me. I am ok with that. I am not a hot pink sort of girl.

3 comments:

Julia Reffner said...

lol. Are you sure. I was certain that you WERE a hot pink sort of girl. Glad to hear that a lot of the work that you have been doing lately is beginning to come to fruitian. I'm also glad to hear that you are almost done with your masters. How is the kitchen coming by the way? Tell Mr. Toad that there is no point in changing the locks. You are nothing if not stubborn and I am certain that it would take far more than a couple of locked doors to keep you out of someplace that you wanted to get into.

The Lumpy

Unknown said...

Well hot pink does look great on me. I am just not sure that it fits my personality. The kitchen has temporarily come to a stop because I have just run out of time. So many things to do and only seven days in a week.

Julia Reffner said...

By the way... I was just sitting here thinking and I couldnt remember if I had ever shown you a picture of my little daughter a.k.a. The Beast. Why this suddenly occured to me I am not sure and I don't even know if you are curious but I thought that I would post a link to a picture of her just incase you wanted to see what the malformed demonic beasty produced from my loins has as a visage. So here is the link. You can't see it in this picture but she has red hair. I have a heavily doctored photoshop image I'm working on that shows her red hair but is not a great representation of her. you can find that one here. BOO!

So that is my daughter the Beast.

The Lumpy