Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Fishnets and Showers

Ok I lied. I did not touch the kitchen this weekend. I just ran out of time. I was finishing the baby bunting after the blood drive and then I needed to go shopping for my black fishnet stockings. Fishnets are fun! Not really everyday wear but I could wear them again. The Halloween party was a lot of fun. I did go as a Flapper. Everyone should try wearing a dress with fringe. Mr. Toad put on a couple of bandages and said he was a CPR Dummy. Mr. Toad may need help with a Halloween costume for next year. The costumes this year consisted of Ronald McDonald and a Fry guy, Salt and Battery, Skipper and Gilligan, and a few other inappropriately themed costumes. I shall not talk about them in mixed company. The funniest costume was one of our friends showed up without a costume so we dressed him up. Nothing like seeing an army man dressed in a short silver sequin dress and blond wig.

Tonight I will prime the kitchen. I have saved time for just this thing.

Sunday I went to a baby shower. It was really nice. But I have noticed something about showers. As the presents are opened the more and more people ignore the mother-to-be or bride. It as if once your present has been opened you no longer have to pay attention to all the other gifts. I feel that it is a bit rude. Part of that is because we are there for a reason and we should all have to watch the presents being opened. The second is no matter where my gift is placed in the pile it is always opened last and therefore I have to watch all the presents. Next time I am hanging a very large sign on my present that says “OPEN ME! PLEASE OPEN ME! I CAN’T BREATH.” Perhaps I’ll have my present opened first and I can be rude.

I would like to welcome ILOVCOFFEE to the blog world. I am not sure why you didn’t go with SweetandSassy. I look forward to hearing from you.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

No army guy in dress did not look better then you. He did not make a very pretty women. A funny one but he will not be winning any cross dressing competitions soon. As for the showers yes boring but I like it when the showers are for me. Hours of presents just for me so I suppose it is only fair that I watch someone else open presents for hours.

I knew you would end up with ilovcoffee. I can hardly remember a time when you didn't have coffee near.

Julia Reffner said...

Well now I am curious. Is ilovcoffee soemone I might know? Either way WELCOME TO THE BLOGOSPHERE!! This line of comments leaves me wondering one thing. Does ilovcoffee look better than I do in a dress?

I could come up with a whole host of ideas for Mr. Toads next costume. Unfortunatly most of them probably fall into that group of costumes you cant talk about on here.

Don't you just love home repair? It takes forever sucks up all your money, time and energy and when you are all done you just know your going to be annoyed with yourself over one or two little mistakes no one else will ever see but you will always know are there. I need to rent a condo. Course to do that I need to start making more money and kill off the Beast.

I remember being at parts of baby showers. That is one thing that a man should never be at. We don't know the right places to oo and aww or the right compliments to give. So we inevitably end up insulting half the guests and its never the guests our wives want us to insult. Showers suck.

The Lumpy

Julia Reffner said...

AAAAAHHHHH!!! I just checked Ilovcoffees profile. Are you a software developer?!! the age old Hello World.

The Lumpy

Unknown said...

Lumpy,
I'll tell you if you should know ilovcoffee if you tell me if I should know Quint. Yes ilovcoffee looks better in a dress then you do. You have chicken legs.

I do like home repair. Or at least the ending. I have already found mistakes. Mr. Toad says no one will notice but I want to go back and fix them.