Thursday, November 03, 2005

Rollers and Little/Big Brother

Clever Mr. Toad! Last night as I am doing the bills he wanders into the kitchen and opens the can of primer. Then it starts. “Should I use a roller for this?” “How do you get the trim with the roller?” “After dipping the roller in the paint can how do you get the extra paint off?” “Are we…?” Running from the other room and forgetting about the bills I grab the paintbrush and start working before he does any damage. Mr. Toad believes he has accomplished a victory by forcing me to paint but he will be sorry when they turn off the electricity. Well the painting has begun. I am really excited about how the kitchen is going to look when I am all done. I just have to save up for new countertops. Who makes countertops in spicy mustard color? It doesn’t match anything and really just isn’t a great color. Hopefully by summer I’ll have fixed that. I’ll give up just about anything for new countertops. Not ice cream. No one should ever have to give up ice cream. I like ice cream with chocolate, nuts, caramel, and marshmallow. I am not sure that life could really go on without it.

Have you ever wondered what you would do if you won a million dollars? I know. I would pay off all my debt and whatever debt my little brother and parents have. Did you know I have a little brother? Well back to him later. If there is anything left I would invest and save. I would still work of course because a million is not that much. I would try to find a job I like though. Something that doesn’t require staring at a computer screen all day. I know, you were expecting something fun but I decided that fun could wait. I am just not a fun sort of person perhaps. I have to make sure I can have fun later in life. I would get rid of those ugly spicy mustard colored countertops.

I have a little brother that I shall call Mr. Engineer. That name works for him because he has been an engineer since he was born. At one point we were close but have grown apart over the years. It isn’t that we wouldn’t do anything for each other it is just we live very different lives. We are on different pages of our stories. We will probably cross paths again someday. Don’t be sad. Whenever we happen to be in the same state it is just like old times. I push him, he pushes me back, I push a little harder and then make a run for it. My little brother at some point grew up while I was out finding myself (I still haven’t found me) and became my big brother.

Mr. Lumpy I would like to introduce you to ilovcoffee. She is a sorority sister who worked hard to wake me up in the morning. No matter what time in the morning I rolled into the house she was awake, chipper and with coffee in hand. She is a great friend and I miss hanging out with her. Ilovcoffee, Mr. Lumpy is my best guy friend from high school. I use to enjoy torturing him. He worked hard to keep me out of trouble. I don't think it worked.

5 comments:

Julia Reffner said...

Keep you out of trouble?!!! Wait. Are we remembering the same people? Aren't you the one who had to hold back Ryan from kicking the crap out of me after I slapped your butt in front of him? And as for keeping you out of trouble... I never would have been able to fill that bill.

It is a pleasure to meet you ilovecoffee.

As for Quint. The honorable Mr. Quint is none other than our good friend Mike Pachuta. A name I trust you remember.

In my household it is the opposite. If my wife picks up the roller thats when I jump up and run to paint.

The Lumpy

Unknown said...

ilovcoffe,
I don't think that I would enjoy a screening room. I would rather find an outdoor activity.

lumpy,
I thought that it was Mike. I just wanted to make sure. Changing in parking lots and knowing you for so long gave it away.
Ok so you wanted to keep me out of trouble but I probably got you into lots of it. It was funny when Ryan wanted to kick your.... He was just jealous.

Unknown said...

Window,
You have more hair then Dr. Evil?

Well sounds like you have thought the whole thing through. Though I don't really want a coke so what do I get?

Unknown said...

I would rather have a Pepsi.

If you get your aircraft carrier first then so be it. If you need to buy a large plane to compensate for ....

Unknown said...

Fine if you need a tugboat full of seamen to make you happy then go for it.