Monday, November 07, 2005

Ok so this past weekend I was gone. I left bright and early on Friday and returned Sunday evening. Do you think the love of my life would want to cuddle with me? Nope he was watching football. Not that he ignored me but I wanted more attention. Those who know me realize this is normal. I am very demanding and feel as if I should be the center of attention. At least I realize that I am like this and he does too. He makes fun of me, gives me a kiss/hug and returns to his game. I whine about coming in second to football and that gets me a smile, kiss, and hug. I win.

Now a discussion on alcohol. There are a few rules that everyone must know before drinking.

1. Under no circumstances should you drink and dial.
2. Always have a DD. The great thing about the DD is not only can they drive but they can keep you from doing #1 and avoid the crazy person on barstool next to you.
3. Never think that the person on the barstool next to you is interesting. The next time you see them you will most likely find out they are not. They in turn find you less interesting.
4. This day and age you must on returning home never drink and email. You will always regret it the next morning and the person you write now has proof you cannot spell.

Having said that, all the rules can be broken except #2. There is no guarantee you have picked a good DD that will prevent #1 and 3 but they can drive you home. #4 always seems to be done on the sly when no one is around. But your friends will know. Someone will have proof and make fun of you. For those of you who have called or emailed me after drinking just remember I now plan on saving all messages to play back or put on a PowerPoint presentation for your 50th birthday. I look forward to embarrassing you. It is my pleasure to do this favor for you. Please do not feel the need to return the favor.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

ilovcoffee
Ok so there is a story but I'll give a shortened version. Window only contacts me when he has been consuming. Though I must say he did alright on the blog he has in the past sent me emails that only his name was spelled correctly and phone calls that are hummm lets say interesting. I plan on embarrassing him someday with all of this but thought I should warn him. He has in fact emailed me and therefore I know he has been warned. I like flail and call. I will use that term next time. Many times I do enjoy an afternoon without Mr. Toad but I just wanted attention after being gone all weekend.

Window,
For the record. I had every right to start the kitchen project. We had talked about it for a year. Mr. Toad kept putting it off because it was going to be a big project. I did ask around about the best way to go about the project and reported my findings to Mr. Toad. I also called him and said "I am going to go buy a crowbar to tear down the brick." As you can see there were several opportunities for him to yell "STOP" before the project was out of hand. He could have stopped me or at least convinced me to wait a little longer but he did not speak up until it was to late. SO there.