Monday, November 21, 2005

Cats make good rollers!

On Saturday, as we were preparing to finish the priming of the kitchen, we discovered that we needed another roller. What to do? Neither one of use wanted to volunteer to run to the store. As we sat there trying to stare the other one down forcing the trip to the store I began to think. What would Lumpy do? Just as I was wondering what Lumpy would do our white cat talked by. While looking at her I started to think she looked like a roller and she would match the primer. No one would even notice that she had primer on her. She was round and white just like our roller. Now how will I get her on the roller device? I tried showing her the roller device in hopes she would volunteer. She walked away with little interest and no worries for my problems. So I looked around and across the room there it was. The stuff that fixes everything. Duct Tape! So I grabbed the duct tape, roller device and cat. As I started to pull stripes of tape and wrestle the cat around the roller device I heard a, “What are you doing?” from across the room. I thought at this point it was obvious what I was doing. I was preparing the cat as a roller to paint the walls. But I stopped and started to explain my idea to save us a trip to the store and time. For I remembered cats are clean animals so she would just clean herself when it was all done and we wouldn’t have to spend so much time cleaning up. I was brilliant. But wait, what? Mr. Toad is giving me that look. The one that says I am crazy. After a long lecture on how the cat was not good for painting Mr. Toad said he would go to the store. I win! I can continue to be lazy while he makes the drive. It is all for the better anyway. The cat had disappeared under a bed.

I love the green and yellow paint we picked out for the kitchen!

Well the rest of the weekend was great. I sold buttons at the Mardi Gras parade. Yes the Jaycees run a Christmas parade to bring Santa to town November and call it the Mardi Gras Parade. They wanted a festive parade 55 yrs ago when they sponsored their first parade. Anyway there was a contest to see who could sell the most buttons. My partner and I ran out of buttons a half an hour after leaving the office. We spent the next hour trying to get new buttons to find out another member was hoarding the buttons. All that for a $25 gift certificate. Well we still sold 175 buttons in less then an hour. In the end I did not feel bad about the whole thing because the other guy gave his gift certificate to the teenage boys that were helping him. They will have more fun with it then the rest of would have. We may have done something silly like pay a bill or buy socks.

Yesterday I went to see Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire. Everyone should see this movie. I do suggset reading the book first. I felt like there was a lot missing but I think it was still a great movie. I can't wait to go back and watch the movie again.

4 comments:

Julia Reffner said...

Oh my word. I'm not sure which disturbs me more: the fact that anyone would look at any facet of how I conduct myself (on or offline) and choose to do the same thing based on the fact that I did or the the fact that I nearly wet myself I was laughing so hard at the image of Toad wrestling the cat onto a paint roller.

You know me far to well friend. That is exactly how I think and I believe what scares me the most is that I think you are totally capable of doing exactly what you have said that you did. Perhaps that is why we always got along so well. We're both totaly nuts.

The Lumpy

Unknown said...

Lumpy, What? Me? Really duct tape my cat to the paint roller! Well maybe. Perhaps it was to many years in high school hanging out with you. I use to be a nice innocent girl. Yes we are both totally nuts but I am ok with that. We make life more interesting for other people.

Ilovecoffee, I don't need to rationalize paying for the same movie twice. Sometimes I just like doing something and I don't care about the logic behind it. Besides there is a local movie theater here that only cost me $3 to get in and see the movie. I would have to see it at least 2 more times to reach the cost of another theater so if I only go once more I have still saved myself money.

Julia Reffner said...

Oh please. I've never been able to use your name and innocent in the same sentence with a straight face. I dont intend to start now.

The Lumpy

Unknown said...

Lumpy, the same could be said for you. I suspect you were even less innocent then I was.