Wednesday, December 28, 2005

Christmas

So did everyone get what they wanted? I had a great Christmas! There was only one small problem. I get over excited about Christmas like a little kid. So Friday night, not even Saturday night, I wake up several times with the urge to race down stairs and stare at the Christmas tree. So there was little sleep to be had. Then Saturday night I went to bed late thinking that I would be to tired to wake up but no. I stared at the clock every half an hour until about 4 in the morning when I finally got up and raced down the stairs turned on the tree lights and stared at the presents for a few minutes. Then I turned everything back off and went back to bed. I spent the next two hours just waiting to hear someone else moving. About 6 my father got in the shower. A sign it was time. So I go up, turned on the Christmas lights, turned on the Christmas music, started the coffee and sat down in front of the tree to wait. It was really nice to sip coffee in front of the tree.

Oh I should talk about the tree. In my family it has been a running joke about the shape of the Christmas tree. Each year my brother and I return home for Christmas there is always a tree. Sometimes it is round on one side and completely flat on the other, sometimes it is really skinny on top and very, very fat on the bottom, sometimes it seems to be the reverse…well you get the idea. So for a while we were convinced the parents were picking the tree that looked least likely to find a home because they didn’t want any tree to feel lonely. So it was a surprise to come home and find an almost perfect tree. It was a very beautiful tree. Not that the others weren’t they just were, well, unique.

Anyway two hours after racing down the stairs and starting the coffee we could finally open presents. I had actually been awake and waiting for about 4 hours by then. So Christmas was great but I did't get very much sleep. So now we are opening presents and in our family presents are opened one at a time. This is great because you can see what everyone gets but there are certain members of the family that open their presents and then start to assemble them or read them while the rest of us stare waiting for the go sign that they are paying attention again. It makes slow opening from time to time.

Well hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

What? Isn't everyone excited about Christmas?

I have seen you all spaz like with no holiday as an excuse. Besides I know you were smiling when you read my blog.

I got an MP3 player so now I don't have to listen to the radio with all that annoying talking.

If I was your wife I might be tempted to throw a hammer at your new radio if you ignored me to long.

Unknown said...

If I was your wife I would probably aim for you and save the radio for me.