Thursday, December 08, 2005

Christmas, Phone calls and Paint

So in the news Bush is getting harassed again and for once I don’t think he deserves it. I can’t believe people are mad at him for sending out generic holiday cards that say Happy Holidays instead of Merry Christmas. The man sends out a million cards all over the world for the season. Now with Hanukah, Christmas, and Kwanzaa is it really appropriate to wish a Merry Christmas to his friends and fellow politicians/leaders if they do not celebrate Christmas but Hanukah or Kwanzaa? I figure Happy Holidays includes all celebrations of the season. I guess people need something to complain about. Just think if he sent out Merry Christmas cards the Hanukah and Kwanzaa people then would be complaining. Don’t people have better things to do with their time?

Ok so last night I got a phone call. It was from a friend that I did not expect to hear from. He can never decide if he likes me or hates me I think so for a while I will hear from him and then I wont. Anyway he talked for 50 minutes and I could barely get a word in. He switched subjects like a true ADHD person on caffeine. In fact that is what he was. Well anyway I was really happy to hear from him and to know that he is doing ok even if he probably has no idea how I am doing because he never stopped talking. He did make a comment that I was mean but when asked when I was mean his answer had nothing to do with him and he had his story wrong. I corrected him but my guess is that he will have the story wrong again next time he tries to tell that story. I would like to thank him for not calling me again last night after I went to bed to see how long voice mail really will let you talk. I appreciate that but it probably was because he had forgotten about me and had moved on to the next phone victim.

Meanwhile the kitchen is almost done! I think I could have it done by the end of the weekend in fact IF I did not have a paper to write and an exam to study for. But Mr. Toad has been working on the kitchen. I think it is because he can play with the saw cutting molding. I must hurry up and get my kitchen done so I can remove all the kitchen stuff from the dining room. If I don’t I’ll never be able to get my tree. “Oh Christmas Tree, Oh Christmas Tree…”

My cats like to help with the painting. The kitchen project is a family project! First we paint then they walk along the wall and wipe the paint off with their fur. Our cats have green fur! They may not be so bright.

No comments: