Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Hello everyone! I am back from the west coast. Has anyone ever wondered why the east coast is the shore and the west coast is just the coast? I called the coast the shore once by accident and I thought the people of Oregon were going to come after me. I guess they don’t like the Jersey Shore either.

Our adventure started with the night before. Packing. I should perhaps invest in something bigger then a duffel bag. I started pulling clothes out of the closet for a 10-day trip. So that naturally would include brown shoes, black shoes, sneakers and slippers, three pairs of pants, dress clothes, everyday clothes, it is cold so sweaters not t-shirts, socks…. Now the bed is covered with clothes and one little bag. Mr. Toad is standing there staring at my stuff and looking at my little bag and he starts laughing. He reminds me that we are staying with his parents and can do laundry. Ok so I need 5 days of stuff and an extra outfit just in case, 3 pairs of shoes and slippers…. I start carefully folding and packing my clothes but discover that everything will not fit. Mr. Toad has left the room leaving his bag unprotected. Why his bag is bigger then mine I will never know. So I start putting things in the bottom of his bag. Under his stuff so perhaps he wont notice. Everything is now packed except the bathroom stuff. Well in the morning I pack up my little bathroom bag and look innocently at Mr. Toad and ask him very nicely or as nicely as possible considering it is 4 in the morning “Can I please pack my bathroom stuff in your bag?” “No,” Mr. Toad says, “You have already packed to much stuff in my bag.” I guess trying to hide my stuff in his bag didn’t work. Well one temper tantrum later my stuff was in his bag. “What? You didn’t think I wasn’t going to win did you?”

Ok so everyone knows that airline food is bad to begin with but now they want you to pay extra for the stale roll with a piece of processed meat and a packet of mustard. $5 in fact for this privilege. Are they crazy?

At this point we are in the very wet state of Oregon. We had a great time. Visited the family and toured around a little bit. It did rain everyday we were there but I suppose some consider that better then snow. Anyway the family was great. Everyone is very nice and we enjoyed hanging out and doing nothing. Of course the end came quicker then we would have liked. Now I am back and avoiding work as usual.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Perhaps if Mr. Toad and I lived at home with my parents we could afford to spend more money on airline tickets.

Are all airline people evil? If so how did you go on your honeymoon?

Unknown said...

Window,
How wrong you are yet again. There are 4 airports within an hour of my parents house. Two of them have all the major airlines. If you are going to make fun of my little home town at least be accurate.