Monday, April 17, 2006

Easter and the rest

The Easter Bunny still found me. This past weekend Mr. Toad and I went to visit Mr. Engineer. Mom and Dad along with Poppie came to visit as well. It was really very nice. Mr. Engineer gave us a tour of his place of employment. I now have seen the inside of RCR and there are many people out there that would appreciate the opportunity more then I did. But taking a look at Mr. Engineer’s job I was really impressed with what he does. I think that he doesn’t realize how talented he is but I was really amazed at all that he has accomplished and everything he does even if I did not understand everything he said. Made me think though. I will never accomplish anything that anyone can see. Someday when I find a real job I will never be able to point to something and say I did that! Mr. Engineer can point to many things and say I did that or I worked on that. It is tangible. In my up coming time off perhaps I’ll figure out what I want to do when I grow up.

Speaking of time off. I recently made a discovery. There is more then one oncologist. The other day I met with the Radiation oncologist who gave me the pathology report. I don’t know how he got that fun announcement but he was very good about answer questions. My lump is 1.9cm, it is er- and pr- which doesn’t mean a lot to me except that because of the er- and pr- I most likely will have the chemo because my cancer is not responsive to the hormone therapies. The good news just keeps on coming. Well nothing is for sure right now except the surgery on Friday and the radiation some time later. I meet with a Medical Oncologist May 1st to discuss chemo. But despite the recent developments everything looks good and in a few months I can move on with my life. I recently got a letter from a friend who said her husband’s grandmother is a 50 year survivor.

No comments: