Tuesday, April 04, 2006

60 years and Flowers

Sorry Lumpy to frighten you. I should have warned you before I started the post but I was just so tired of telling everyone. This way doesn’t really help though. Everyone is now emailing me. I have decided to write one letter and copy/paste as a response to everyone else. Well we all know that I never follow the easy path but I come out alright. This will be no different. Mr. Toad and I have a long ways to go but we will get there. Apparently breast cancer is not the end of the world. It is very treatable and there are millions of survivors out there. I am determined to be a survivor. I am young enough perhaps I can be the longest living survivor. I think I want to be a 60 year survivor.

Well the good news is over the last year I have decided I like pink. Now I lots of outfits to match my pink ribbon. Though sadly enough I lost the back of my pin already but I still have the front so I’ll just steal one from another pin.

Ok through this whole thing I have discovered that I have two kinds of friends. There are those who I fear are going to smother me with their concern. Calling everyday to ask how I am and calling me “poor Toad.” And giving me that look you give a sick puppy. Then there are the friends who I think will never call. It isn’t that they are horrible but they don’t know what to say so they just don’t say anything. I would have to say that before this I was the friend who just didn’t say anything. In the future I am going to try to fall in between. There is a nice medium where a friend asks “How are you?” then they believe you when you say fine and we all move on to whatever activity that was planned. I have the feeling that I am going to learn a lot about the person that I am and the person that I want to be. But it doesn’t matter how my friends try to deal with the news. I love them all and I know I can call any of them and they would help.

Enough seriousness. It is flower time. And Mr. Toad I am sure is planning his defense. I love flowers and love planting them. The thing is I’ll go to the nursery and buy everything. I want at least one of every plant and I want to put them all in our flower gardens. Just imagine how pretty it would be to have all those flowers. All different colors, short, and tall. Every one different and pretty. As many of you can imagine this can get to be expensive so this is the one time of year that Mr. Toad suddenly takes an interest in my spending habits. I say if he can’t buy me flowers I’ll plant my own. He says I don’t need more flowers. Silly boy. A girl can always use more flowers. Just remember that Window. More flowers are more better. Especially when you get in trouble with Mrs. Window. So I have all sorts of ideas for our flower gardens and I need to get it all done early this year. Mr. Toad should be happy this takes my attention away from in the house projects. I have my eye on a closet wall. Maybe when he is telling me I don’t need another rose bush I’ll just point out that I could take that wall down next time he goes to a baseball game. HUMMMM….Excellent plan. For every no Mr. Toad sends my way about the flowers I shall threaten the walls in the house.

4 comments:

Julia Reffner said...

You are absolutely nuts and I think that is why we all love you. Your marital style is starting to resemble a movie I have been subjected too durring my marriage. Its called Fried Green Tomatoes. I feel bad for Mr. Toad. I've seen your will in action.

So I wonder where I fall. I hardly think that commenting on your last post makes me the type that smothers you and I do think that commenting keeps me from being the type that ignores. All I'm asking for is kind of a heads up though. I mean really... There I am enjoying my day. Perusing websites and WHAMO! I read your blog. Goodness. I've only known you since when? I belive half of my life thus far right?

I know far better than to "poor toad" you. Besides I think we both know that simpathie... sympathie... sympathy... I HATE SPELLING!! has never been one of my strong points. Poor Mrs. Lumpy. And although the Toad I remember was indeed tough she also had a few soft spots.

The one thing I will say that I'm sure you've heard hundreds of times now is that I wish I could be there. I may not be good a sympa... (Oh forget it) but I'm usually decent at listening and a fairly sturdy person to lean on when you need a few moments of silence and don't want to be alone or have to answer questions.

Ok I'm done being all sappy.

The Lumpy

Unknown said...

Oh course Lumpy you would fall in between. You are worried yet wont call everyday to ask how I am feeling.

I promise in the future I will update you before you read crazy news on the blog.

Window, you are mean and horrible. I feel sorry for Mrs. Window. You probably buy her dead flowers. I take that back you are to cheap to buy the flowers you probably take other people's dead flowers to give to Mrs. Window.

Julia Reffner said...

Given that Mr. Window is fond of giving Mrs. Window dead flowers that he steals from other people I know a perfect place to pick some up. It helps when you live near a cemetary. If you are quick about it you can even find some that are merely wilted as opposed to dead. You may have to fight through some whiney old people wearing black to get there; however.

I shall from now on also tell Toad to Suck it and deal. I have a feeling Mr. Window and I would get along rather well. Toad shall have to introduce us should she ever have the missfortune of having us in a relativly close geographical area. To commemorate the occasion we can stand side by side and chant Suck it and Deal to Toad while she glares defiantly at us.

The Lumpy

PS. As a bonus you can yell Suck it and Deal to the old folks in black as you run off with their merely wilted flowers.

Unknown said...

I believe that Lumpy and Window would have a great time being mean to Mrs. Toad. Yes indeed you would get along well. Though you may have met already. I am unsure of who Window has met.

I shall suck it and...