Thursday, April 06, 2006

Denial and Introductions

Ok I feel that after much harassment by my friends (oh and Window and Lumpy) I need to clarify. It is not that I don’t appreciate you worrying about me. If roles were reversed I certainly would worry about you all. But if you all continuously ask me if I am ok then that means something is wrong and I no longer can live in my little world of denial.

I guess this is where Window or Lumpy makes some comment about it being typical behavior. Me trying to be tough and making jokes to hide the fact I am terrified. It now looks like I might go out on Short Term Disability in a couple of weeks. I don’t know what happened. Everyone was playing down the seriousness of this and telling me not to worry and that I could get back to work and now people are suggesting I just take the time and stay home and take care of myself until after radiation. I don’t want to play this game anymore. I want a different hand.

Window I kept you hidden because I feared for my safety if you met the likes of Lumpy.

So Window if you ever did anything to upset Mrs. Window your in-laws could take care of you and no one would be the wiser?

I would like to thank Mr. Window and Mr. Lumpy for making me laugh.

Did I ever introduce you? Well Window, Lumpy is my best guy friend from high school. I spent years torturing him and he put up with it. In the end I couldn’t have asked for a better friend growing up and probably didn’t deserve such a good friend. Lumpy, Window was the final conquest before Mr. Toad. He is a great friend. He is a little to much like me in some ways but apparently he seems to be a little to much like you Lumpy. You both have a similar sense of humor and ability to make fun of me. Not that it is hard I know. You both are losing your hair, which reminds me…I may lose some of my hair. Do you have any tips in dealing with being bald?

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Well home sounds better then work. I think I might do it.

I had several guys that were friends in high school. They were much better friends then the girls that I hung out with.

Well if you ever disappear I know what happened to you.

Unknown said...

I wasn't successful in stealing all the boys I tried for. Window you never gave up the other girl.

Julia Reffner said...

As for losing your hair all I can say is Wax. Lots and lots of wax. And there is this nice Michael Jordan head oil that... OK LOOK I'm not THAT bald. God has just decided that my perfect hair style is a mohawk.

Toad,
I too don't see you staying at home (which doesnt mean I see you at work either). Well I dont see you staying at home and having all of the walls in the house stay intact. Poor Mr Toad. You're too active. Besides while you may not be able to live in denial staying home with nothing to do but think about it for a large percentage of your time probably wont be great either. Although I will admit that radiation and chemo are not going to make you feel... ummm... healthy.

As for being terrafied... I may give you a hard time about being tough but you're still one of the bravest people I know. You'll get through this ok I'm certain. In fact if I know you you'll come out the other side smelling like a pitunia. You've always had the ability to dance with disaster and win. I wish I knew how you do it.

Windowdog,
last conquest eh? hmmmmm. Pleased to meet you. I swapped girlfriends alot like toad swapped boyfriends although she did swap a bit faster than I did. And I believe some of the ones I lost were a direct result of toads involvement (looks side ways at toad meaningfully).

So what is this boyfriend stealing competition?

The Lumpy

Unknown said...

Well home is where I probably will be. The oncologist told me that chemo is a very real possiblity. Well I shall have red hair. I want a red wig. Finally I shall have the color hair I have always wanted.

I plead the fifth on the boyfriend stealing. I don't know anything.

As for losing girlfriends well I plead the fith on that too. Just some of them weren't good enough for you and others may have gotten on my nerves.