Friday, September 09, 2005

A mistake was made several months back. After deciding we were going to go on vacation and then forgetting about it the Toad family decided to have a party. So in only one day our house will be invaded by what will seem hundreds of friends. The mad dash to clean house, shop for food and find a party hat to embarrass Mr. Toad is eating up lots of time and the end seems to be charging upon us. Mr. Toad needs a hat because he is turning 30 and feels very old. Mrs. Toad thought the best way to go about the birthday would be to get party hats and toys to make Mr. Toad feel younger and of course embarrass him in the process.

We have done it. We have passed the two-year mark. Two years and we are both still alive. Mr. Toad I fear has come close to not making it on several occasions but I could guess that I also have had some close calls. The one thing that drives me crazy more than anything else he does is when I am in the middle of doing something Mr. Toad will walk in and ask “what I am doing?” or was I was planning on doing the exact thing I currently was working on. For a long time I felt that perhaps my Mr. Toad just wasn’t so bright. Why I had not noticed this before the contract was signed I wasn’t sure but I had somehow trapped myself. Now after careful thinking on the subject I found the answer! Mr. Toad had watched so many sports that he could no longer think for himself without a play by play. I actually have to be a household commentator. This may sound strange but it is the only logical possibility I could think of.

2 comments:

Julia Reffner said...

lol. Yeah I can just see the way that this works its way out in your house.

"Oh and would you look at that! Just as Mrs. Toad was headed to sit down she gave Mr. Toad the slip by getting up and heading for the bathroom. What is this? yes. yes indeed she is going to the bathroom. O! She gets up. She's washing her hands... and... yes she is headed for the office. Oh my word I can't believe it!! She is paying the bills folks. She has grasped the pen and is scribbling furiously on checks and envelopes. I must say Jim I never expected THAT to happen. Nor did I Bob. I must say this has turned into a rather tumultuous season."

lol. Oh man the possabilities here are endless.

The Lumpy

Unknown said...

Yes many days our conversation goes much like you have described.